4 out of 5, 1 based on 27 ratings
A tasty easy to prepare comfort food supper for all the family.
- 300g (1 packet) Quorn Mince
- 700g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 225g parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30ml) fat-free milk
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 100g frozen peas or mixed vegetables
- 400ml homemade vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vegetarian Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) tomato puree
- 2 tbsp (30ml) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15ml) cornflour mixed to paste with 1 tbsp (15ml) cold water
Please note: Soy sauce is a high salt option and should be used sparingly.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Boil the potatoes and parsnip until tender. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and the carrot and fry gently until the onions are soft.
- Add the Quorn Mince, frozen vegetables, vegetable stock, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, tomato purée, soy sauce and seasoning. Simmer ingredients together for 5 minutes. Add the cornflour paste and simmer gently until the sauce thickens then place in an ovenproof dish.
- Mash the potatoes and parsnip with the milk until smooth, season to taste with the salt and pepper. Place the topping over the Quorn filling and fluff up with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp.
- Serve immediately with a selection of fresh seasonal vegetables.