Quorn Foods respects the privacy of every individual who visits our website. Personal information about you may be collected when you visit our Website either by the automatic operation of tracking devices (see the section on ‘IP addresses and Cookies’ below), when you register on the Website or when you make contributions to the Website.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Marlow Foods Limited, a company organised and existing under the laws of England and Wales and having its registered office at Station Road, Stokesley, TS9 7AB, United Kingdom and with registration number 01752242.
Our registration number with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office is Z7065722.
VAT number – GB813044469
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you either when you register with, or use, the Website:
- Email address
When you contribute, or upload any information, to the Website, we will store such information for the purpose of providing the Website.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We shall also collect and store details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes and the resources that you access.
You have the right as an individual to find out what personal information we hold about you and to request that we correct any errors in your personal information. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Also, you may request that we do not use your personal information.
You may request at any time access to, or amendment of, any of your personal information that we hold by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our user base size and usage patterns to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- and to recognise you when you return to the Website.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our, or our supplier’s secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We will also use the information held about you to:
- ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- notify you about changes to our service and the Website;
- to monitor your use of the Website; and
- to aggregate statistics about users, traffic patterns and related Website information in an anonymous form.
We may also use your data, or permit our suppliers to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please email email@example.com
What are the benefits to you of us collecting you information?
Collecting this information will help us to:
- fulfil services requested by you;
- to help us create Website content more relevant to you;
- to make improvements to our Website;
- to assess general trends within the Website and its use; and
- where you have given us your permission, to alert you to new products, special offers, updated information and other new services that we consider to be of interest to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1162 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to carry out the uses of your information set out above on our behalf. We shall ensure that such parties keep your information confidential and do not use your information for any purpose other than permitted under this Agreement.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Marlow Foods or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users and customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply these terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Marlow Foods, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, age and identity verification.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload information to the Website, or to make contact with other registered users of the Website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Website Terms and Conditions. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. In providing or uploading information to the Website you grant us the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such information for the purposes set out in the Website Terms and Conditions.
If at any time you wish to leave the Website, you can notify us using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org On receiving your notification and on receipt of a request from you to so, we will use reasonable endeavours to remove from the Website all information provided by you. We reserve the right to retain copies of any information that you provide for record keeping purposes and compliance with our legal obligations.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of information provided or uploaded to the Website by you or any other user of the Website.
We have the right to remove any information you provide or upload to the Website if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with our acceptable use requirements set out in our Website Terms and Conditions.
You will be truthful and accurate in any information that you contribute or upload to the Website.