Marlow Foods Limited (the owner of the Quorn® brand) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- What Personal Information we collect and how we collect it
- How we use Personal Information, how we store it and who we share it with
- How you can update your Personal Information and find out what Personal Information we hold about you.
- “you” refers to you the customer and/or user of our Website
- “Marlow Foods”, “us”, “we” and “our” refer to Marlow Foods Limited, a company organised and existing under the laws of England and Wales with company registration number 01752242 and having its registered office at Station Road, Stokesley, TS9 7AB, United Kingdom
- “Personal Information” refers to information that identifies you and may include your name, address, email address, date of birth, customer and marketing preferences and credit/debit card information.
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Data Protection Act”), the data controller is Marlow Foods. Our registration number with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office is Z7065722. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Data Protection Act can be contacted at email@example.com or by completing the “Contact Us” form found at http://www.quorn.co.za/contact-us.
Whilst this policy sets out our general policy on how we collect and use your Personal Information, in some circumstances we may inform you that different terms apply to the collection and use of your Personal Information.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a. Personal Information Provided by you Directly
In connection with our Website, we may collect and process the following Personal Information that we receive directly from you, including through information you give us or through your use of our Website:
- Your contact information: Personal Information such as your name, your email address, your phone number, your fax number and your mailing address.
- Correspondence with you: If you contact us for technical or customer support, we may keep a record of that correspondence which will include your Personal Information.
- Promotions and Loyalty Information: If you enter any of our on-line or other promotions or loyalty programs, we will collect Personal Information (such as your name, email address, mailing address, birthday and contact phone numbers) in order to register you for the promotion or loyalty programs.
- Customer Surveys: We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes and if you choose to respond to the surveys we will collect Personal Information from you through your responses.
b. Technical and Usage Information
When you access our Website, we collect technical information such as details about your computer system and details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, server logs, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. Please see the IP Addresses and Cookies section below to learn more about this.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
IP Addresses and Cookies
When you visit our Website, we may collect technical information for system administration, to monitor and analyse traffic to our Website, to improve our Website, to personalise your experience on our Website, to resolve technical problems with our Website and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and partners. The aggregate information is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We use server log files and tracking technologies including cookies, IP addresses, single-pixel GIF image files (also called “Web beacons”), browser information, the date and time spent on our Website and other similar information.
Cookies in Detail
We obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the device you use to access our Website. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. For example, they enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests
- Recognise you when you return to our Website.
We use the following cookies relating to Google Analytics to track visitor numbers and behaviour on our website:
- _utma- used to identify how many unique visitors our Website has had
- _utmb – used to start a user session. Along with _utmc, this tells us how long a user has been on our Website
- _utmc – used to end a user session
- _utmz – lets us know where a user came from (e.g. from a search engine or from a link to our Website from another website).
We also use session cookies which are deleted as soon as you close your browser, server-side cookies and an automatic login cookie if you choose to enable an automatic login.
Some content on our Website may be served by third parties who may place cookies on your computer as well, for instance to gauge the effectiveness of a particular piece of content. Please note that this will not enable third parties to access your Personal Information.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on which is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information held about you (and may permit selected third parties we appoint to help us) to:
- Fulfil services requested by you
- Ensure that content on our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Monitor your use of our Website
- Provide customer support services and respond to your queries
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so
- Provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
Where you have consented to this, we may contact you for the above purposes by telephone, email, text or SMS messaging, by post or any other means.
By providing your Personal Information to us, you consent to the processing of your Personal Information in this manner.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All Personal Information we collect from you or about you is stored on our secure servers. Our servers are based in the United Kingdom but the Personal Information that we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the management of our ranking systems, the analysis of aggregated data, and the provision of support services to you. By using our Website, you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your Personal Information outside the EEA.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website; therefore, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information to our group of companies and affiliated companies.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in the circumstances below but we will always ensure that such third parties are required to safeguard the Personal Information they receive and they are not authorised to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was disclosed to them.
- External Service Providers: where we use external service providers to perform services for us including hosting, website analytics, email services, market research, marketing or customer services.
- Merger or Sale: In the event of an actual or potential (including as part of the negotiations) merger or sale of all or substantially all of our assets to a third party, we may transfer your Personal Information to the potential acquirer or successor company.
- Legal Obligations: If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation including, for example, if we are subject to a court order to disclose your Personal Information.
- Protection of our Company or Other Customers: To protect the rights, property, or safety of Marlow Foods, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and age and identity verification.
6. OUR RIGHTS
Where relevant to you, the Data Protection Act provides you with the following rights:
- Prevent your Personal Information from being used for Marketing Purposes: You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may exercise this right at the outset by checking certain boxes on forms we use to collect your Personal Information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Right to Access the Personal Information held about you: You have the right to find out what Personal Information we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee at the rate provided by applicable law (otherwise £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you.
- Right to Update your Personal Information: Should you wish to amend or update any of your Personal Information and are unable to do so on our Website, please email us at email@example.com .
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites, including the websites of our advertisers, partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
8. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of ours or users of our Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We do not knowingly collect or retain information in connection with the Website from users under the age of 13. We will not ask users under the age of 13 for personal information. If you are under 13, we ask that you not send us any Personal Information unless you have parent or guardian permission.
10. CONTACT US